About this project
- Project Type Optimization
This project was a real interesting one, because it started out as just a few small tweaks, and ended up being a complete overhaul. During my initial work, I discovered that the client had either been compromised by a previous coder, or had been hacked. Either way, the site had a very malicious back door put in. After discussing how to proceed with the clients, I did a backup of only the essential theme files. I also did an export of all their existing content. Once that was accomplished, I completely wiped the site, re-installed WordPress, and did a full scan for any other malicious code/back-doors in the theme files and exported content. Once I was satisfied that the content and files were clean, I set about setting everything back up.
Once everything was cleaned and set back up, I went about the initial tasks. Issues with responsive design were fixed, as were other cosmetic issues and bugs. I also developed a fully custom template for their reviews, that utilized a series of fields in the back-end that they could use to fill in content. This made creating reviews much more user friendly for them.